Imprint / Legal InformationThe website contains information and comments on legal questions and developments in the field of intellectual property rights. The contents do not claim to be complete and are not intended to be used as professional legal advice; liability is excluded in this respect.
Laws and provisions in the field of intellectual property rights are various and complex; therefore, we strongly recommend detailed legal consultation before taking steps on account of any information on this website.
Winter, Brandl, Fürniss, Hübner, Röss, Kaiser, Polte – Partnerschaft mbB Patent and Law Firm assumes no liability concerning the contents of websites referred to by a link on this website.
In the following, you will find information which are regulated by law according to § 5 TMG (Telemediengesetz) and Dienstleistungs-Informationspflichten-Verordnung (DL-InfoV). Our patent and law firm applies the statutory provisions in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Federal Data Protection Act (new). In case of further questions, please contact one of our offices or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Name and AddressWinter, Brandl, Fürniss, Hübner, Röss, Kaiser, Polte – Partnerschaft mbB (association)
Patent and Law Firm
Phone +49 8161 930-0
Fax +49 8161 930-100
2. Contact via mailMail: email@example.com
3. Details on the responsible supervisory authorityThe professional association which is the responsible authority for our Partnerschaft is the Patentanwaltskammer (Patent Attorneys Association), Tal 29, 80331 München and the Rechtsanwaltskammer für den Oberlandesgerichtsbezirk München (bar association for the district of the Munich Higher Regional Court), Tal 33, 80331 Munich, Germany.
4. Register of associationsWinter, Brandl, Fürniss, Hübner, Röss, Kaiser, Polte – Partnerschaft mbB is registered as association at the register of associations under number PR36 at the Amtsgericht München (local court of Munich).
5a) Patentanwaltskammer (Patent Attorneys Association)The competent professional assocications for our Partnerschaft are the Patentanwaltskammer (Patent Attorneys Association) and the Rechtsanwaltskammer für den Oberlandesgerichtsbezirk München (bar association for the district of the Munich Higher Regional Court), Tal 33, 80331 Munich as well as the Institut der beim europäischen Patentamt zugelassenen Vertreter (Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office) (epi), Bayerstrasse 83, 80335 Munich.
5b) Legal job titlesThe „Patentanwälte“ (patent attorneys) are registered with the German Patent and Trademark Office and are members of the deutsche Patentanwaltskammer (German Patent Attorneys Association).
The European patent attorneys are registered with the European Patent Office and are members of the institute of professional representatives before the EPO (epi) (to be contacted under www.patentepi.com). The „European Trademark Attorneys“ are registered with the EUIPO (European Union Intellectual Property Office Link). The attorneys-at-law, unless explicitly stated otherwise, are German attorneys-at-law and members of the Rechtsanwaltskammer für den Oberlandesgerichtsberzirk München (bar association for the district of the Munich Higher Regional Court).
5c) Regulations regarding professional lawThe following professional rules apply to
German patent attorneys
- Patentanwaltsordnung (PatAnw.O.) (regulations for patent attorneys)
- Berufsordnung for patent attorneys (occupational regulations for patent attorneys)
- FICPI Standesregeln (FICPI code of conduct)
European patent attorneys
- Richtlinien des Instituts der beim EPA zugelassenen Vertreter (epi) für die Berufsausübung (Guidelines of the institute of professional representatives (epi) with the EPO (www.patentepi.com).
- Bundesrechtsanwaltsordnung (BRAO) (Rules and Regulations for the German Bar)
- Berufsordnung der Rechtsanwälte (BORA) (occupational regulations for attornies-at-law)
- Fachanwaltsordnung (FAO) (Professional code of conduct for specialized attorneys)
- Regulations of the Council of Bars and Law Societies in Europe (CCBE)
- Various other regulations for which other acts and laws are applicable, e.g. the Rechtsdienstleistungsgesetz (Act on Extrajudicial Legal Services), Geldwäschegesetz (Prevention of Money Laundering Act), the Civil Procedure, or the Criminal Code.
- Rechtsanwaltsvergütungsordnung (RVG) (Attorneys' Fees Act)
The above-indicated acts and laws are available for inspection on the website of the Bundesrechtsanwaltskammer (The German Federal Bar)
- Gerichtskostengesetz (Court Fees Act)
Japanese patent attorneys
Swiss Patent Attorneys
6. Sales tax identification numberThe sales tax identification number of our Partnerschaft is DE128095632.
7. Professional liability insuranceERGO Versicherung AG
The area of applicability of the insurance coverage includes worldwide activities and thus meets at least the requirements of sect. 45,1 Patentanwaltsordnung (PatAnwO) (Patent Attorney's Professional Code) and sect. 51 Bundesrechtsanwaltsordnung (BRAO) (Professional Code for Attorneys-at-law)
8. According to the decree dated May 12, 1998the Landgericht (regional court) of Hamburg decided that, upon adding a link, one also is held responsible for the contents of the page including the link. According to the regional court this can only be prevented by explicitly dissociating oneself from those contents. On our homepage there are links referring to other websites. The following holds true for all links on this page. We wish to explicitly emphasize that we have no influence on the layout of the linked pages. That is why we explicitly dissociate ourselves from all contents of all pages on our homepage linked and do not adopt their contents. This applies to all links on our homepage.
9. Information Obligation - alternative dispute resolution in consumer contractsPursuant to Sect. 36 (1) VSGB (Act on the alternative dispute resolution in consumer contracts) consumers have a general information obligation in matters of alternative dispute resolution. Cf. the online platform of the European Commission (https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.chooseLanguage)
Winter, Brandl, Fürniss, Hübner, Röss, Kaiser, Polte – Partnerschaft mbB are neither obliged legally nor willing to participate in alternative dispute resolution proceedings before a consumer arbitration board.